Teen's Increasing Over-Use Of Sarcasm SO Appreciated By Mom

"Kaylee, did you help Ashlee [her 4 year-old sister] wash up for dinner?" asks Cheryl Wheeler, 42, mother of two. "No, mom. I thought the dirt and boogers would give her immune system a much needed workout," replied Kaylee, 13, who recently discovered the utility and power of sarcasm. "Well, I just noticed that her face is scrubbed and her nails are clean. That's why I asked," Mrs. Wheeler explained.
"And so your two equally viable scenarios were: a) that I cleaned up my baby sister for dinner, or b) she bathed and changed herself after finger painting on the walls with her own poo," snarked Kaylee. "You know, I just love your attitude, Kaylee,"  replied Mrs. Wheeler. "It's such a treat to converse with you."
"Gee, I wonder where I got it from, mom."
"I bet you do, sweetie."


Comments